The distillation process is fascinating and beautiful, and the Australian Drinks Festival, along with Nip of Courage and McHenry Distillery, is giving budding distillers the chance to make their own gin.
With guidance from Master Distiller William McHenry, participants will create and distil their own gin recipe at a miniature laboratory still, taking home two 200ml bottles of their own exclusive gin. Participants can even forage for their own botanicals to bring to the event, or simply make use of William McHenry’s extensive range, which will be on offer at the festival.
The sessions were a huge success last year and booked out very quickly – places are strictly limited again this year.
Tickets are $125.00 and include:
• 1-2 participants making the same recipe on a single lab still
• A total 1 x recipe / ticket
• 2 x 200ml bottles of gin that have been distilled during the session (at 50.0% ABV)
Each session runs for approximately 45 minutes and bookings for the sessions can be made here.
To purchase an entry ticket into the Australian Drinks Festival click here.
Please Note: Regarding your own botanicals William McHenry will need to make sure they are safe to distil with and won’t cause problems (powders are hard to work with) so William McHenry will reserve the right not to use them.
LOCATION: Australian Drinks Festival – Nip of Courage Stand (#74)
When purchasing a ticket you automatically agree to Nip of Courage and William McHenry’s Terms and Conditions, outlined here:
1. William McHenry will reserve the right to turn away participants who are intoxicated for safety reasons and they will not receive a refund.
2. If you do not turn up for your session you will not receive a refund.
3. The price of your ticket does not include entry into the Australian Drinks Festival. To purchase your entry ticket into the Australian Drinks Festival click here.